Update: March 13th, 2012
Today’s meeting was intense; we discussed officer nominations, our Design process and Notebook Seminar, the DNA team, RoboGames, and cleaning up our room!
- Officer nominations for next year’s positions are still being collected! If you feel like a club member would make a great President, Vice President, Secretary, or Relations Specialist, please submit your nomination to a current officer as soon as possible. If you are currently considering running for more than one position, please finalize your decision before next week.
- Last Saturday was our very first Design Process and Notebook Seminar, and it was a success! Those in attendance learned about the fundamentals of the design process as well as how to properly record information in an engineering notebook. Our next Design and Notebook Seminar will be held on Monday, March 19th at 2:00 pm (collaboration day) in Ms. Chou’s math classroom–we’ll have certificates for those who successfully complete the course! Other seminars we will be holding later include ones on sketching, programming, and Autodesk.
- Next year, Gael Force Robotics will be teaming up with Northgate High’s Robotics Club to bring you the DNA team–Dublin and Northgate Alliance, team 6001 (5327+674)! There are two spots left for Dublin High students on this team; please contact Lizz if you are interested in joining. Team members must have easy access to the Internet as they will be communicating with each other largely online and will meet in person every other Saturday.
- RoboGames is coming up from April 20th to 22nd! We will be competing in three events: TubePush, MusicBot, and PaintBot. Check out the events online at robogames.net, and please contact an officer if you are interested in participating.
- Finally, we are still cleaning up the Robotics Room! If you have not come in to help with the clean-up process, please do so soon! It is imperative that, as a club member, you contribute effort into keeping our room organized.
That’s all for now; see you next week!